Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Potty Training continues...

This was too funny not too share...a little graphic maybe, but because it's from a 2 1/2 year old, I figured it was okay!!!

So Grey was at Kim's on Thursday this past week and they were in her bedroom winding down before naptime.  Grey was watching a show and Kim was folding laundry.  He ran down into her bathroom and went pee pee in the potty.  Typically he comes right back and brings you his pull-up to put back on. He can pull them up but he needs help getting them started.  Anywho, a minute or so passed and he was very quiet...  (never a good sign).  So Kim walks around the corner to see the below picture!!!
My lil man evidently had to go pretty bad and isn't quite ready to go on the potty.  Good News...he didn't go in his Pull-Up....Bad News....he went on the floor!!!!  Thank goodness it was a solid one:)  LOL

The remainder of the week was pretty standard.  
My man played trains....shocker I know!


Friday I was home...my schedule was switched around this week.  It was nice to be home on Friday, but I never like messing with my schedule.  I am such a creature of habit!
Grey and I went to the library and he just loved walking under the "tunnel"...AKA the bike rack!

This past week or so has been a real challenge when it comes to putting Munchy down for a nap or bedtime.  Typically our routine is...we read 2-3 books, sing one song, and then say our good nights.  Grey has always been one to roll around and/or talk to himself for at least 15 minutes and sometimes as long as an hour...but he never would cry or have issues going to sleep.  Well lately, he is having major separation anxiety.  He is very tired, but as soon as Sky or I get up to leave, he starts crying...and I mean crying hard!  So hard in fact, that he makes himself vomit!  The only way he goes to sleep is if you lay with him and spoon him.  He cannot get close enough to you!  Normally I wouldn't mind this, but with baby #2 arriving in about 6 weeks and Sky traveling as much as he does, I don't want to have to spend an hour putting Grey down every night.  If I can, I don't mind at all, but something tells me with a newborn, that won't always be the case.  This went on every night for about the last week.  So last night we switched things up a bit and read to him in the playroom before going into his room.  Sky put him down and only laid with him for 5 minutes and then said good night.  We talked to him all night about being a big boy and going to sleep without crying...and of course, we promised him a "prize" in the morning if he did.  We also moved the new sound machine we bought for the nursery into his room...it has a night light, a projector that shows animals on the ceiling, and you have the choice to play waves, heartbeat, white noise, lullabies, etc...  So we also used that and put on a lullaby.  Grey was quiet for a good 20 minutes and we thought he was asleep...but then he got up and started whimpering.  Sky went right in to tell him to get back in bed and Grey said..."I peed in my pants".  He really does not like being wet.  So Sky changed him, took him to the potty, and said good night again.  Same thing happened about 30 minutes later...another pee in the pants, another trip to the potty, and then back to bed.  10 minutes later our lil man was out cold and is still sleeping at 10 til 7am this morning!  I am wondering if potty training is what is causing this change in our bedtime routine.  We are going to make sure he has nothing to drink at least an hour prior to bed to avoid two more pees after we put him down, but this was a nice change from hysterically crying and vomitting!!!!
Someone was so tired yesterday on the way home from the library and a trip to my office, that he was falling asleep in the car before noon!  When I carried him inside, he curled up on the island and said he wasn't ready to wake up yet!  

There sure is never a dull moment with our lil man and I wouldn't change it for the world!  I can barely wait til he gets up to praise him for sleeping so well...and to give him his present of course....a construction vehicle...don't ask me what kind it is, but I know he'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment