Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Polar Vortex & Another Ear Infection

So this has been an interesting couple days.  We have weather colder than this area has seen in over 2 decades!  The high yesterday was 4 and the low was 10 below...but with the wind chill the temperature felt like 38 below!  That is just stupid cold!  Luckily the roads weren't as bad as they had called for...but that did mean we had to go to work!  BOO!
 
Sunday we spent the day hangin around the house most of the day.  We did get up and go to church!  I finally made the decision to take Tatum to the nursery...she stays in the sanctuary for the music and then I fed her...she was super squirmy so I really didn't have a choice!  She went to the sweet women in the nursery without a problem...but only last 5 minutes!  She was hysterical when I went to grab her!  She was just very clingy and wanted her mama.  This was my first sign that her ear infection was back.
 
On another note...how handsome is my lil man in his new Argyle sweater from his Tutu!
 
After a nice long nap for Tator, the kids played with their new kitchen!  I just love that there is something they can both enjoy despite their age difference...and sex difference! 
 
We headed to the library about 3:30pm and Tator start tugging at her ear more and more.  She was whinier and clingier as the day went on. 
 
Finally around 6, I told Sky that I think I should take her to Urgent Care.  I was so worried about the impending weather that I didn't want to chance waiting until our doc opened up the next morning.
 
Out we went and sure enough Tatum had a pretty bad ear infection in her right ear.  She had just finished a round of amoxicillin on Thursday evening too:(
 
The pharmacies were closed, but I was happy I went!
 
Tator fell asleep on the car ride home and these were my boys!  I think they really missed us!  HA!  Whatever they are watching must be REALLY good!  LOL
 
The kids woke up in pretty good moods Monday morning!  We bundled up and off we went to Kims!
 
But not before one sweet kiss! 


I called the pediatrician and they asked that I bring Tatum in...especially since this was her 3rd ear infection in 8 weeks.  We went at 3:40pm and sure enuf....a bad right ear infection.  In fact the doc was shocked Tatum wasn't fussier...her ear drum was actually bulging!  He said that if we see blood or fluid coming from her ear, that means the ear drum popped.  Ew!  Poor Tator.  Since Tator had just finished amoxiciilin, the doc prescribed Augmentin.  Hopefully this does the trick.  We talked more long term and I was relieved to know that the doc was not in a hurry to suggest tubes in her ears.  There is an even stronger antibiotic that Tator could receive via shots if this doesn't work.  Given my history as a child (lots of tubes, adenoids and tonsils taken out) and Grey's history of ear infections and fluid behind the ear, tubes might very likely be in our future.  I just hate the idea of putting Tatum under right now!

The kiddos slept like champs and we are at home today during the 2nd day of this Polar Vortex!  We should see a bit of relief tomorrow!  By Friday it's supposed to be in the 40s!  Grey gets one more day of Christmas break from School...all the local schools are cancelled!  Back to the routine Thursday I guess!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment