Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Life...

And just like that another week has passed!  I am not sure where the time is going, but I would love it to slow down just a bit!

This past week has been a whirlwind.  On Tuesday of last week, my amazing sitter, Holly called me and let me know that she was going back to school earlier than anticipated!  She was sweet enough to give me 30 days to find new childcare, but I have to admit I was crushed.  I am not mad at all, just so sad, because she was so amazing with my kids.  I really have been so blessed with uh-mazing child care since the kids were born.

It didn't hit me right away.  I immediately went into "operation new babysitter" mode and didn't let the emotional side of things hit me....until last night.

I had a few leads, but nothing that excited me at all.  I got a referral from a girl at my Barre class and was super hopeful.  The kids and I went to meet her on Tuesday and the kids were rotten...  So that definitely didn't help.  Sonia was great....she was sweet, but stern.  She had a beautiful house, lots of toys, and on the surface things sounded great  However I knew I wasn't totally happy because I kept on lookin later that night.  I was just unsettled.  I tried to tell myself that comparing to Kim and HOlly wasn't fair, but still...  By 9pm, I wound up in tears.  I had finally let the kids know that Holly had to go back to work full time and wouldn't be watching them anymore, and Grey just lost it.  It broke my heart.  That's a tribute to her for sure...but as a mom, that rips your heart out.

I snapped at Sky last night, had a horrible day with the kids, and went to bed just feeling ick!  I woke up and was checking my email on the computer...and popped on facebook and just happened to notice I had a message request.  I accepted and it was the answer to my prayers!  A girl that moved to my neighborhood in September and has two boys (almost 4 and 20 months) was looking to watch a couple of kids to give her kids companionship and earn a lil extra money on the side.  The kids and I met her family after work and fell in love!  So down to earth and just the perfect match!  She is due with a third boy in June so the fact that the Alexander girls will watch the kids this summer is just perfect!  I feel like a new woman and truly feel like everything happens for a reason!

I am too lazy to download pix, but I will tomorrow!  Tonight I am feeling very blessed and thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment