Grey was all excited when we first got to the doctor...he absolutely loves these things....not sure what they are called!?!?
It was actually a great trip to the doc...we hardly had to wait at all! He was a wild man from the second we got into the room (shocker!!?!?!)...even the doc asked if he ever sat still! Um no...unless he's sleeping of course!
He is a growing lil man!
Weight: 24lb 14oz (36th percentile)
Height: 33 1/4 inch (77th percentile)
Head circum 49 cm (82nd percentile)
Doc asked if liked to read books and how many words he was saying.....our answer, um yeah and ?!??!?!. We don't even count anymore...for a second I felt like a bad parent, but then she actually reassured us that that was fabulous! Evidently he is doing excellently when it comes to vocabulary! Woo hoo:)
After the doc checked him out, Grey was ready to high tail is outta there...he knows the routine...and he knew shots were on their way!!!
Thankfully, there was just one shot today! He barely even cried! Amen!!!!
We are thinking about taking the binky away full time! He only uses it at nap and bedtime, but doc says it'll be easier now than when he really develops an emotional attachment!!! Wish us luck:)
I'm going to tell you something that hopefully won't make you freak...but it's part of why I became a germ-freak.
ReplyDeleteHere goes: When my Ethan was 18 mo., he was at the Dr., playing with a toy there (it was like a tiny climb-on, activity set, slide thingy). Well...he picked up the Rotavirus. Ended up with the classic constant vomiting and diarrhea. Was admitted to the hospital...IV...three days. It was bad. Children in 3rd world countries die from it all the time simply due to dehydration.
So, not to scare you, but be really cautious. If you're not familiar with it, it's transmitted through poop. (Classy.) So, in this case, a kid touched poo, played with the toy set, then Ethan got it on his hands and apparently touched his mouth, nose...something.
Other than that piece of great news...lol...glad your little guy is growing and doing great! I secretly do not want him to turn two....because you know what THAT means. I turn 33.
Noooooo!
Lol.
Yeah I have loosened up a bit over time, but I am a wash hands/use sanitizer freak! Thanks for the info though...definitely makes me think twice! No fear, I am only 18 days behind you at turning 33!!!!
ReplyDelete