Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Right Click Disable

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tatum is 17 months (3 days late)


How has a month passed already!  I mean its August!  Where did the summer go and how is my baby girl 17 months old?!??!

Tator still sleeps really well (knock on wood).  We have had a few nights where she wakes up super upset...we are thinking maybe bad dreams?  Other than that, no complaints here.  Tatum still can nap twice, but with my new schedule, she having more and more days with just one nap.  I really don't mind because the one nap she takes is a good 3 hours usually.  When she is able, she still will take 2.

Tatum's language is saying more and more.  This month was the month of animal noises!  By far, our favorite is the "roar" when you ask her what a tiger and lion says.  She gets a real low tone and busts our a really scratchy roar!!!  Its hysterical.  She can moo, woof woof, meow, ah ah ah (monkey), and blah (donkey).  She will try and repeat just about anything you ask her too.  "Mommy" is by far her favorite word.  If I had a dollar for every time she said it, I would be one wealthy woman!!!  

Tatum is still a momma's girl, but isn't shy either.  Her favorite place is outside.  She is a big fan of the sand box down the street at Conleys.  She also loooooves the water table.  Anytime we go to Conleys, Tatum comes home soaking wet and full of sand!  She is so independent when we are outside and she has a blast, so I don't mind the mess. 
 Tatum has become quite a sassy lil thang.  She loves to hit and throw things.  She thinks she is sooooo funny and I have to admit, its hard not to laugh when she has that "yeah, so what, I just did that" look on her face!  We have been using the word "no" a lot more lately!  Her lil personality is shining through more and more and I think she is going to be just like her momma!  (good and bad!)

Tatum's nicknames include: Tator Tot, Tatie, Dooter, Dooter dot, Doods, and sissy!  Her name of choice for Sky and I has been Doobers!  Not sure where we come up with all of these, but it works!  Grey also came up with one when Tator is bugging him...he calls her "bad tomato"!  We use is all the time now!  When her sassy side comes out, I find myself calling her "Tatum Brynn" more and more!  

We went to Zoombezi Bay again this month and Tatum was soooo brave!  She didn't want to be held all the time like she did before...she just wanted you to hold her on her belly and let her float around the lazy river!  She is a lil water baby!  I think these kiddos will be at such a great age when we head to Hawaii over the holidays to visit Sky's family!  

Tatum is still a really good eater, but has developed some rather funny mealtime habits.  She is becoming more selective.  Her favorite food is cheese!  This girl would eat nothing but cheese if we let her.  If I put a few things on her high chair tray (one of which is cheese), the rest of the food usually ends up on the floor!  She taunts us too...she'll pick up a piece and hold her arm out and look at us!  We say no Tatum and then she drops it and looks at us...like what????  Its so hard not to laugh!  Let's just say I am on my hands and knees quite a bit these days cleaning up after mealtime!  

This month was a very big deal for another reason!  Tatum and Grey became cousins for the very first time on my side of the family.  Auntie Dani and Uncle Greggy welcomed Charlotte Lynn!  Tatum is too busy to care, but Grey is enamored.  "She is sooooo cute" is his favorite line!

Happy 17 months Tator Brynn!  We love you more every day!  







No comments:

Post a Comment